As a Food vendor at the FOI (Festival of India), you are required to follow the following guidelines throughout the duration of this event.
- Each Vendor registration with FOI is non-transferable. Vendors may not sublet or share their booth or any part thereof. Violations of any of these guidelines will result in vendor being asked to leave the festival and forfeit all fees paid.
- You will be provided a tent space (10 feet x 10 feet) with two 8 feet tables and two chairs. The 10 feet x 20 feet tents will be provided with four 8 feet tables and three chairs.
- Sign of each vendor name will be provided by FOI.
- FOI will guide and provide overall direction for setup and coordination.
- Vendor booth must be setup by 9:00 AM on Saturday to be ready for Health Department inspection and by 10:00 AM on Saturday.
- Street closings are monitored by the City Police. You will be allowed to park near your booth for the purpose of loading & unloading only.
- All vehicles must be off the festival street site by 10:30 AM. This is enforced by police and after that time, any vehicles still on the street will be towed, at the expense of vendor/owner of the vehicle.
- All day parking options are available near the festival site, at a number of parking decks, at vendor expense.
- Vendor will be totally responsible for satisfying all license and tax compliance issues mandated by the state of NC, related to all transactions in your Booth.
- City of Charlotte provides adequate safety during the festival. But security of the products in the booths is the sole responsibility of the vendor.
- FOI date is reserved and committed with the City of Charlotte/Belk Theater a year in advance. A week before, we start monitoring the weather forecast diligently.
- But the festival will take place no matter the weather! We expect you to keep an eye on the weather as well, and come prepared for whatever Mother Nature has in store for us during the festival weekend.
- Security Deposit for all food vendors: At the end of Phase I and II a security deposit will be required before the booth is confirmed. This deposit amount will be $600 for a 10x10 Booth and $1400 for a 10x20 Booth and $650 for Food Trucks. This Security deposit will be held by the Committee till October 28th, 2019, and used for penalties of any violations to the Rules listed below. Those penalties will be:
1. Vendor using space beyond the Tent space: $300 for 10x10 Booths and $800 for 10x20 Booths
2. Vendor changing or tampering with FOI printed Menu and Price List: $200
3. Vendor using personal banners: $100
4. Vendor spilling trash and grease on the road and sidewalk after the end of the Festival. The fine amount will be at the discretion of the Festival of India Committee.
- Refund/Cancellation policy: We understand that sometimes things do not go as planned, because of factors beyond our control. Here is our refund policy:
- Full Refund if cancelled in Phase I of the Registration.
- 70% Refund – If cancellation requested 30 days before the start date of the festival.
- 40% Refund - Within 30 days of the start date of the festival.
- No Refund – Within 10 days of the start date of the festival.
- No Refund – if inclement weather disrupts activity on the street.
- The Security deposit will be returned in full if there is a cancellation before the start of the Festival.
- Food Vendor booths with already approved TFE forms, will be inspected for compliance, by the Health Department inspectors by 10:00 AM on 1st day (Saturday) of the festival.
- Food Vendor must read and understand the Health department regulations and sign the document.
- Per Health Department mandatory requirements, Food Vendor must follow all the regulations including, but not limited to the following:
- Keep the food service facility in clean surroundings and maintain it in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Use screens for protection of food against flies and other insects, and these must remain in place for the duration of the festival.
- Protect food with glass or equivalent on top, front and ends. Food should not be exposed to the public or any other means of contamination.
- Keep equipment thoroughly clean and maintain sanitary conditions at all times.
- Provide 2 1⁄2 gallon water jug with spout (available at Walmart). The city will provide water hook ups thru fire hydrants on the street.
- Provide hand washing facilities for their workers. At a minimum provide a plastic sink with bucket (available at Home Depot), soap and single use towels.
- Make arrangements to heat water in a coffee pot that has a gravity flow flip faucet.
- All workers must wash their hands after using Port John toilet facilities, located conveniently across the festival area.
- Must have adequate refrigeration for perishable foods. Cold foods must be maintained at 45 F or below.
- Must provide hot food holding units to keep potentially hazardous foods at or above 140 F.
- Must have at least one stem thermometer (0-220F) to monitor temperature of all hot and cold foods.
- Must store all foods and single service items above floor level.
- All refuse should be disposed in garbage cans only. City will provide garbage cans located conveniently across the festival site.
- Foods brought from an approved kitchen should be prepared, transported, handled and stored in a sanitary manner.
- Foods brought from an approved kitchen should be clean, wholesome, and free from adulteration and obtained from an approved source.
- Should make sure that vendor workers are free from contagious or infection disease.
- Make sure that their vendor workers do not use tobacco, in any form while preparing, handling or serving food.
- Must not change the menu listed in the online Registration form. Any major menu changes may result in vendor being asked to leave the festival and forfeit all fees paid.
- Must provide all condiments including plates, cutlery, napkins, etc.
- Maintain an accurate list of all workers, to assist investigators in the event of a food-borne illness outbreak.
- You are expected to behave professionally with courtesy, in all your dealings with festival organizers, sponsors, participants and visitors. Violations of any of these guidelines will result in vendor being asked to leave the festival and forfeit all fees paid.
- The decision of the Food Vendor Lead is final and binding. FOI leadership team takes all decisions, based solely on ensuring successful execution of the festival.