To participate in the Festival of India (FOI), you are required to follow the following guidelines.
YOUR REGISTRATION MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 11:59 PM May 25th, 2020.
FOI WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE ABLE TO ADD YOUR REGISTRATION FOR YOU AFTER THIS DATE. PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THIS DEADLINE YOUR ENTIRE TEAM MAY BE DISQUALIFIED FOR FAILING TO MEET THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS REQUIRED FOR YOUR ITEM. PLEASE BE A TEAM PLAYER AND REGISTER ON TIME.
- Festival Dates are Saturday (07/18/2020) and Sunday (07/19/2020)
- Participants and Choreographers need to be available on both days of the Festival.
- Minimum age of participants (on or before June 30, 2020):
- Belk Theater Stage: 10 years or older
- Outside on the street Stage: 7 years or older
- NO EXCEPTIONS will be permitted and the Committee can request a Birth Certificate to resolve any issues. If found in violation of this rule, participation in future FOI will be restricted.
- Number of dancers per group:
- Belk Theater Stage: 8 or more (with the exception of minimum 6 performers for pure Classical only).
- Outside on the street Stage: 6 or more
- Fashion show (Minimum 10; Maximum 25 participants)
- NO EXCEPTIONS will be allowed.
- Maximum number of entries per participant:
- 1 performance only (No exceptions! This includes fashion show). If found in violation of this rule, participation in future FOI will be restricted
- All costumes must be appropriate to the type of dance being performed, and demonstrative of the rich cultural heritage of India. In general, costumes should be modest and conservative. Skirts must be at least knee length with tights for modesty.
- Costumes are subject to final approval by the committee
- YouTube auditions are mandatory and has to be submitted by 11.59 PM on May 25th, 2020
- Upon request and per Committee decision, Live auditions may be required.
- Deadline: All registration closes by 11:59 PM on May 25th, 2020
- All performances must be uniquely Indian and must materially relate to and enhance depiction and propagation of Indian culture.
- FOI has full discretion on approving the kind of performances on stage.
- All day parking options are available near the festival site, at a number of parking decks, at discounted venue parking fees.
- For any questions, queries or communications, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org